ACDCX Asymmetric Inverter: 1.25 kW / 240V / 60 Hz
Runs A/C loads directly from solar without batteries, using the grid as a back-up when available
- Convert any air conditioner to solar air conditioner
- Power any AC appliance directly from solar panels
- Use grid connection as backup (optional)
- No batteries needed for on or off-grid use
- 120v version available
The ACDCX Asymmetric inverters allow you to operate air conditioner or other loads with solar power only, grid power only, or combined solar and grid. Unlike a normal grid-tied solar inverter, ACDCX can provide AC power during utility power outages
The ACDCX is essentially a 4-channel/4x MPPT microinverter with a one-way AC grid tie and smart AC power pass-through. It uses all available solar-derived AC power as primary power, and blends in any needed extra AC power from the main panel (utility power) as secondary power. ACDCX has MC4 connections for connecting to 4 standard 72 cell solar panels. Max continuous output from solar is 1.25 kW. Max total, including from grid, is 20A continuous, with 35A starting surge when grid connected.
- No power ever sent to the grid.
- No net-metering agreement or special meter needed.
- One-Way grid connection allows ACDCX to pull but not export power.
- MPPT for each PV panel.
- MC4 Plug-N-Play.
Works With or Without Grid Connection
If available solar power can meet the load, the load can run normally. Note, if grid power is not available and solar cannot meet the load, the ACDCX asymmetric inverter will trip offline and will try to restart periodically.
Convert Any Air Conditioner to Solar AC
Essentially the same technology we have used for years in our ACDC12B Solar Air Conditioner, we now offer the “AC-DC Hybrid Solar” features for use with any 240v load, an air conditioner, or otherwise.
How it works
The ACDCX asymmetric inverter allows any 240v 60 Hz appliance or air conditioner to be powered directly by solar panels when enough solar power is available. Solar is always the primary source of power. If solar power is not strong enough to fully power the AC load, small amounts of power can be pulled from the mains power to supplement the solar power and operate the load.
- Use up to 4x standard 72-cell PV panels up to 380w each
- Max solar input: 330w per channel
- Connect 240v Circuit to ACDCX
- AC Load Uses Solar Power First
- Any additional power, if needed, comes from 240v circuit
- No solar power ever exported
- No net-metering, no special meter
- An 8-Panel 2.5 kW version is available
NOTE: 240v power is provided as true single phase L1+N. There is no 120v “leg”. There is no L2. Please consult the manual or contact us with any questions.
The ACDCX asymmetric inverter can also be used without any grid connection (or when grid is connected but has power outage). In this example, an AC load can still be powered assuming enough solar power is available. If no grid is present and the AC load exceeds available solar power, the ACDCX will stop and periodically try to restart.
Optional Grid-tie Set Solar
ACDCX asymmetric inverter can provide AC power to a sub-panel for an air conditioner and other loads, up to 20A total. When solar is available, up to 100% solar is used. Any load requirement that exceeds solar is supplied by the ACDCX smart pass-through from the grid. Some limitations apply
- Example #1: AC load is 800w, solar is producing >/= 800w, no power is pulled from grid.
- Example #2: AC load is 700w, solar is producing 625w, 75w pulled from grid.
- Example #3: (Night) AC load is 400w, solar is zero, 400w pulled from grid.
There is also a “Dual” ACDCX model that connects with up to eight (8) solar panels and offers up to 2.5 kW output. 120v model also available. Please contact us for details
Certifications and Protection
UL1741 and IEEE1547 (E113426), CSA107.1, FCC Part 15 Class A
Outdoor Rated –NEMA 6 (IP67)
Complies with NEC 2014/2017 690.12 Rapid Shutdown
GFDI Built-In. See UL Certification
3-Year Limited Warranty