DIY Solar Kit 11.52 kW
DIY solar is easier than ever when you order through Practical Preppers. Our team will be by your side from the beginning to the very end. Our kits are the most DIY-friendly kits available with the all-in-one, pre-wired Sol-Ark inverters. This large 11.52 kW do-it-yourself solar kit includes the Sol-Ark 12k inverter, solar panels, batteries, wires, roof mounts and more with multiple upgrade options available. Read the full details of what’s included below.
Call Us For Pricing
This is a sample kit. There are many variables that will affect your home’s solar requirements. Please start your consultation before purchasing a DIY kit and we will make sure you have exactly what you need! Read more below to learn how purchasing a DIY solar kit works.
How DIY Solar Works
When you order a DIY solar kit through Practical Preppers, you won’t really be on your own. We can provide you with your solar system plan and design, one-line drawings, 3D renderings, permit packages, and much more! We will also take care of shipping and logistics and will make sure you have every piece of equipment you need. From start to finish, we will be by your side and remain available for assistance. To get started on your DIY Solar project with us, follow these steps:
Step 1: Start a Consultation (The consultation phase is where we gather details and information we need to plan out a solar system that fits your home)
Step 2: Purchase materials (we will put together a comprehensive invoice for the materials you will need and will take care of ordering, shipping, and logistics for you)
Step 3: Install. We recommend the help of local electrician to install the electrical components (we can assist you and your electrician along the way).
- (1) Sol-Ark 12K Inverter – 10 year warranty included
- (36) Solar panels – Trina 320 W
- (16) Full River DC400-6 batteries – 6V
- Large Wire package
- (4) 50′ M/F MC4 connectors on #10 PV wire
- (12) 9″ jumper cables
- (2) Parallel 2/0 cables
- (2) home run cables
- PV wire management clips
- (2) IMO 4 Pole 25 Amp DC Disconnects
- (1) 100 Amp Transfer Switch
- Roof mount system – Everest MiniRail Xpress System for metal roof (contact us for asphalt roof upgrade)
- Permit/CAD Package – One line drawing and Permit pdf form. *Customer remains responsible for filing with their AHJ.*
- EMP Hardening – Ferrite core suppressors for panels (40) and appliances (20). Additional available upon request. Inverter hardened to E1, E2, and E3
- Asphalt Roof Mount System
- Roof mount Quickbolt microattachments and Snap-n-Rack mounting
- Tigo Rapid Shutdown System – (1) red button, (1) transmitter, (36) transducers
DIY Solar Customer Testimonial
I purchased it all (DIY Solar System Equipment) from Scott Hunt, owner of Practical Preppers LLC as a complete package. He provided everything but the concrete and wire (although he did provide all of the project-specific cables for the batteries and panels which greatly simplified the build). Everything was shipped to my home via truck freight and arrived in a very timely manner… If you’re looking for any sort of alternative energy, water, or other such non-typical, self-sufficiency types of projects, I urge to you check them out. There are lots of businesses out there doing these things in what is a hot and growing industry, but going through someone who lives the life, and isn’t just tapping into a lucrative market segment, carries a big weight with me.