Doulton Stainelss Steel Gravity Filter System (W9361122)
Compact, portable and simple to operate. The SS consists of two containers, the upper container is filled with untreated water which then filters down into the lower container, through a number of ceramic filter candles.
- Two 2.25 gal (9 L) Chambers
- Compact, portable
- Easy to operate, simple to maintain
- Gravity fed: no power or mains water supply required
- Long-life filter candle can be cleaned and reused for extended life
- Proven protection against water-borne disease
- Used by many of the world’s leading relief organizations including US Military.
The Doulton Stainless Steel Gravity Filter System (W9361122) is made from high quality surgical grade stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance. The SS filter telescopes for easy transport, is lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. Doulton Stainless Steel Gravity Filter Systems are supplied complete and ready to use, with each system including 2 SuperSterasyl self-sterilizing ceramic elements and tap.
With the two SuperSterasyl™ 7 inch ceramic candles included, this gravity water filter system can produce over 20 gallons per day (GPD) of safe delicious drinking water.
How it Works:
- simply pour water into the top reservoir
- The Doulton SS Gravity Filter System uses 2 Super Sterasyl 7 Inch Filter Candles
- The upper reservoir holds 2.11 (8 liters) gallons of untreated water
- The lower reservoir holds 2.11 (8 liters) gallons of treated water
- Outdoor Recreation – Clean, healthy, great-tasting water from almost any fresh water source. For those situations where there is no reliable pressurised water supply, whether you’re at home, on a campsite, or in a holiday cottage, an SS gravity filter enables you to have clean filtered drinking water on tap.
- Emergency Preparedness – Providing safe drinking water to millions of people all over the world. Designed for emergency response as well as for use in short, medium and long term humanitarian relief situations such as refugee camps, natural disaster zones and community development programs.
A recent study by a leading UK University showed that the use of Doulton drinking water filters in a community of Zimbabwe slashed cases of potentially fatal diarrhea (a common problem in Africa caused by pathogenic bacteria and cysts in the water supply) to virtually zero. Doulton water filters have been proven to work in the most demanding conditions.
The Doulton Stainless Steel Gravity Filter System (W9361122) uses 2 Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candles which will reduce:
- Pathogenic bacteria (Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform)
- Cysts (Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia)
- Organic Chemicals (Pesticides, herbicides and organic solvents)
- Metals (Lead, Iron, Aluminum)
- Taste & Color (Hydrogen Sulphide, Iron, etc.)
- Lead Removal: Lead is seldom found naturally in domestic water supply but can result from the dissolution of lead pipes which may still be in use in old water systems. The zeolite metal ion reduction medium in the Ultracarb element effectively reduces the lead content in drinking water.
Water Filtration Efficiency
The included SuperSterasyl (Sterasyl™) ceramic shell contains 0.2 microns silver which effectively removes pathogenic bacteria such as E.coli, cholera, salmonella, shigella, typhoid etc with greater than 99.99% efficiency, and 100% removal of pathogenic cysts such as cryptosporidium parvum, giardia lamblia, guinea worm etc.
The ceramic shell is packed with a bed of coconut shell granular activated carbon ( GAC) for removal of chlorine, VOC’s, industrial solvents, bad taste, odor, etc. For microbiologically effectiveness, the ceramic shell is self-sterilized (no need for boiling) and can be cleaned up to 60 times before is worn off.
|Absolute filtration rating >99.9999%||0.9 microns absolute|
|Effective filtration rating >99.9%||0.5 – 0.8 microns|
|>99.7%||0.3 – 0.5 microns|
|>98%||0.2 – 0.3 microns|
NOTE: It should be clearly understood that during tests performances the concentration of bacteria fed to the filtration element is artificially high in order to simulate a challenging test for the ceramic element. The most aggressive “real life” condition would normally be at least 1000 times less severe.
Doulton Stainless Steel Gravity Filter System (W9361122) Specifications:
|Used In Brands||Doulton|
|Filter Life (gallons)||535|
|Filter Life (liters)||2,271.25|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||0.5|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||10 – 125|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi)||125|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||41 – 100|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||5 – 37.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||1.2|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||1.51|
|Color||Stainless Steel Finish|
*Recommended filter change frequency: 6 months or 600 gallons
(2) 7″ Super Sterasyl Filter Candles with long thread mount.
The Doulton W9361122 Gravity may also be used with (2) 7″ Sterasyl Filter Candles or (2) 7″ ATC Super Sterasyl Filter Candles, both with long thread mounts.