Wood & Charcoal Burning Fire Pit
Enjoy the warmth, smell, crackle, and feel of a wood campfire, without any of the smoke. With capacity for up to 4 standard firewood logs, the BioLite FirePit creates hyper-efficient flames with patented airflow technology and gives you a front-row seat to the magic thanks to the X-Ray mesh body, enabling 360 views. Lift the fuel rack and toss in charcoal to transform it from a fire pit to a portable hibachi style grill, complete with an included grill grate. Control the size of your flames manually or remotely with the free Bluetooth app.
- Fuel: Burns firewood or charcoal
- Burntime: 24hr on LOW, 10hr on MED, 5hr on HI
- Dimensions: 27″ x 13″ x 15.8″
- Weight: 19.8 lbs
Need a tent stove instead? Click here
Full Features of This Efficient Fire Pit
- USB Rechargeable Powerpack – 10,400 mAh pack can power your fire for up to 24 hours. Detach and recharge via USB or use Solar Carry Cover to trickle charge when not in use (sold separately)
- Air Jets Improve Combustion– 51 airjets inject the fire with oxygen along key locations. This creates a more uniform temperature and mixing of gases inside the fire which dramatically improves combustion.
- Folding Legs – Makes portability a snap. Combined with the Solar Carry Cover (sold separately), you’re ready to go from the backyard to the beach in no time.
- Grill Grate – Cook hibachi-style meals using the removeable grill grate. Fuel rack adjusts to accommodate two types of fuel – wood or charcoal.
- X-Ray Mesh – The 360° viewing lets you see it all: glowing embers at the bottom, the gasifying wood in the middle, and the flames coming out at the top.
- Bluetooth Integration – You can control that fan intensity right from the FirePit’s powerpack or from your hand with the free BioLite Energy App for Android and iOS
- Burn Time: 24 / 10 / 5 hours on low / medium / high speed respectively
- Fuel: Charcoal or wood
- WxDxH w/ Legs Unfolded: 27″ x 13″ x 15.8″ (68.8 x 33 x 40.1 cm)
- WxDxH w/ Legs Folded: 27″ x 13″ x 10.5″ (68.8 x 33 x 26.7 cm)
- Weight: 19.8 lb (8.98 kg)
- Outputs: USB A
- Inputs: Micro USB
- Free Bluetooth App: Compatible wit iOS 10.0+ and Android 5+
- Warnings: Prop 65 Warning
- Included: FirePit, rain cover, grill grate, fuel rack, USB A to Micro USB cord
- Do you have to use your phone and/or Bluetooth to control FirePit?
Nope, you can do everything manually via the button located on the side of the usb-rechargeable powerpack. The optional Bluetooth app allows you to control the airflow settings remotely, which comes in handy if you’re perfectly bundled around the fire and don’t want to get up – but more importantly, it offers precise feedback on how much runtime is left in the battery so you can be in complete control of your clean-burning experience
- Does the FirePit create electricity?
Nope. If you are asking this, chances are you’re familiar with our CampStove or BaseCamp (if so, welcome back!). Those stoves feature a thermoelectric generator that produces electricity from the heat of the fire. The FirePit does not – and that’s on purpose. If we included thermoelectrics in a design of this scale, the unit would cost upwards of $400-$600 and we didn’t want to just do tech for tech’s sake. Realizing that we wanted the system to still be self-reliant and self-charging, we opted for a solar cover as a companion to the unit. We really want this project to be affordable to as many folks as possible and this was the right energy solution for it.
- How long can the airflow system run on a single charge?
24 hours on LOW, 10 hours on MEDIUM, 5 hours on MAX. IMPORTANT – MAX doesn’t mean biggest flames! If you want to have nice campfire feel with big flames, you actually want the system on the LOW setting: that allows the flames to extend and dance around. MAX setting intensifies the fire by increasing airflow and the effect is that the flames essentially collapse on themselves, creating a furnace-like effect. This is ideal for kickstarting an initial fire (see what we did there) or if you’re in really chilly conditions and you’re looking to radiate a lot of heat.
- How do I clean the FirePit?
The FirePit has a trap door at the bottom that you can use to clean out ash and coal (remember to dispose of those safely and have water nearby!). We recommend using a wide painters brush to get any fine ash out if you want a deeper clean. If you’re grilling, you can clean the grate with a standard wire brush you use to clean with other grills.
- How long does the Solar Carry Cover (sold separately) take to recharge the power pack the full?
The Solar Carry Cover is designed to take about 4-5 days to charge the power pack to full. Our intended use case is: you burn over the course of a weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) and then use the weekdays to charge it back up to full. This timeframe accounts for variations in peak sun. Please note that the Powerpack IS detachable and you can always recharge faster it via a wall outlet, your car charger, etc. We just wanted to ensure you had a way to offer passive recharging and solar was the best fit since many users will be leaving it outside in the backyard. The Bluetooth App also offers real-time feedback on your powerpack so you always know how much runtime is left.