Grundfos MQ 3-45 HP Pump (115V)
Grundfos MQ 3-45: Compact and reliable booster pump. Free shipping, usually ships within 24-48 hours.
Grundfos MQ3-45 115V
MQ is a compact water supply system designed for domestic, agricultural and horticultural applications.
The MQ pump is designed for water supply and pressure boosting
- in private homes
- in summer houses and weekend cottages
- on farms
- in market gardens and other large gardens.
The pump is suitable for pumping of potable water and rainwater.
- All-in-one pressure booster unit
- Easy to install
- Easy to operate
- Dry-running protection
The Grundfos MQ is a compact all-in-one pressure boosting unit, designed for domestic water supply and other boosting or lift applications. The MQ is compact and reliable, built for trouble-free installation and operation, and includes many features. Pressure switch and pressure-boosting compartment are built into the quiet, water-cooled pump unit. Settings are clearly indicated on the user-friendly, easy-to-operate control panel. Control panel has indicator lights for Pump On/Off, Auto-Reset, Dry Run Alarm, Over-Heating Alarm. If there is no water available, the pump will stop to protect itself, then automatically restart when water is sufficiently present. It even has an anti-cycling feature, which prevents the pump from repeatedly starting and stopping in the event of a dripping tap or minor leak. The MQ pump is ideal for pressure boosting from water storage tanks or from city water supply (maximum 45 PSI inlet presure). The MQ is also a self-priming multi-stage centrifugal pump. It can self-prime from as much as 26 FT well depth within 5 minutes. Outlet pipe connection can be angled up to 5 deg to fit existing pipe setup. It is constructed of corrosion-resistant materials, making it a candidate for use with clean water.
- Complete system – The MQ is a complete, all-in-one unit, incorporating pump, motor, diaphragm tank, pressure and flow sensor, controller and non-return valve. The controller ensures that the pump starts automaticly when water is consumed and stops automaticly when consumption ceases. In addition, the controller protects the pump in case of faults.
- Installation – Due to its compact design, the pump does not take up much space and is easy to install. No space around the pump is required.
- Simple operation – The pump features a user-friendly control panel with ON/OFF button and indicator lights to show the operational state of the pump.
- Self-priming pump – As it is self-priming, the MQ is able to pump water from a level below the pump. Provided it is filled with water, the pump is able to lift water from a depth of 26 ft in less than 5 minutes. This facilitates installation and start-up of the pump and provides more reliable water supply in installations where there is a risk of dry running or leakages in suction hose or pipes.
- Built-in protective functions – If exposed to dry running or excessive temperature, for example in case of seizure or overload, the pump will stop automaticly, thus preventing a motor burnout.
- Automatic reset – The pump features an automatic reset function. In case of dry running or similar alarm, the pump will stop. Restarting will be attempted every 30 minutes for a period of 24 hours. The reset function can be deactivated.
- Low noise level – Thanks to its hydraulic design and internal cooling, the pump is extremely low-noise, which makes it suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Pressure tank – The built-in pressure tank reduces the number of starts and stops in case of leakages in the pipe system, causing less wear on the pump.
- Maintenance – No maintenance of the pump is required.
Liquid temperature range: 32 .. 95 °F
Liquid temp: 68 °F
Density: 998.2 kg/m³
Rated flow: 13.2 US gpm
Rated head: 72.2 ft
Shaft seal: BVBP
Maximum operating pressure: 109 psi
Approvals on nameplate: UL,CUL
Pump housing: POM + 25% glass fiber
Impeller: PPO + 20% glass fiber-PTFE
Range of ambient temperature: 32 .. 113 °F
Maximum operating pressure: 109 psi
Pipe connection: 1″ NPT
Power input – P1: 830 W
Main frequency: 60 Hz
Rated voltage: 1 x 230 V
Rated current: 7.2 A
Enclosure class (IEC 34-5): 54
Insulation class (IEC 85): B
Length of cable: 6.56 ft