Large Aluminum Kettle – Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ (54 fl oz)
The Aluminum Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ now has a stainless steel fire base! Boil and purify water without having to carry any fuel with you.
This large 54 fl oz aluminum kettle is perfect for large families and groups. This Aluminum Kelly Kettle boils approximately 9 x 6 oz. Mugs of water at a time and is the size traditionally used by Irish Anglers. Suitable for Base Camps, Car Camping, Scout Camps, Picnics, Hunters, Outfitters Outposts, Emergency Preparedness Kits, Humanitarian Aid Stations, or anyone working in the Forests or the Great Outdoors.
Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as Standard with each Kelly Kettle.
Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ Highlights
- Our Large ‘Base Camp’ Kettle in Anodized Aluminum.
- Boils 54 fl.oz. of water quickly – in ALL weather conditions.
- Perfect for Base Camps, Outfitters, Car Camping, Family Picnics, Fishing, Scouts, Large Families or Groups, etc.
- Great Preparedness Item for Power Shortages, Storms & Emergency Kits.
- A Green Whistle has replaced the older Orange stopper and lets you know when the water is boiled (do NOT boil with the older orange stopper inserted!)
- Lightweight – Never carry fuel again! 15 inches tall. Only weighs 2.1 lb
- Now Comes With Upgraded Steel Fire-Base. Historically, the fire-bases were Aluminum which softened, warped and burned out quite quickly.
Why So Many Campers Are Using Kelly Kettles
Strong with nothing to fail or break, our kettles work extremely well in both good and harsh weather conditions. They are a vital piece of camping equipment for any outdoor person. Using whatever natural fuel is lying around (twigs, dry grass, heather, Birch bark, Pine cones, dry animal dung, etc) our kettles will bring water to the boil within a matter of minutes. Never carry fuel again.
Our kettles are cost-FREE to run, eco-friendly as they operate on carbon neutral fuels, and are great fun to use. Note: Add our Pot-Support & Cook set to prepare small amounts of food (Noodles, Rice, Oatmeal, hydrate food, etc) over the kettle while your water boils. Boil and cook at the same time using only a handful of fuel!
Better still, add our Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire base of your kettle into a stand-alone wood fueled Camping Stove.
See our Accessories Category for these products.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Kelly Kettle users have described their kettles as the “Greatest Invention of all Time”.
Aluminum Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ Dimensions
- Height ……. 13 inches (Packed)
- Diameter… 7.3 inches (Widest Point at Rim of Base)
- Capacity…. 54 fl. oz., 1.6L, 6.75 cups
- Weight…… 2.1 lbs.
Full Product Range: Find the Perfect Fit
- Small Aluminum Kelly Kettle Trekker (20 fl oz)
- Small Stainless Kelly Kettle Trekker (20 fl oz)
- Medium Aluminum Kelly Kettle Scout (41 fl oz)
- Medium Stainless Kelly Kettle Scout (41 fl oz)
- Large Aluminum Kelly Kettle Base Camp (54 fl oz)
- Large Stainless Kelly Kettle Base Camp (54 fl oz)
Note: The fire bases invert partially up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.