Customer Goal: Heat, cool, and power home using renewable solar energy and water
About This Project
What is Solar Hydronics?
Solar Hydronics refers to the use of water as a heat transfer medium in heating and cooling systems, whereby the water is being heated via solar energy. Hydronic systems are coming back, and while residential solar hydronic systems are not common, we’ve proven that they are possible! We designed a system that heats and cools this 5,000 square foot home using solar energy and water.
Solar Hydronics Main Components
- 3 Air-to-Water Heat Pump Chillers
- 37 Gallon Buffer Tank
- 80 Gallon Chiltrix Domestic Hot Water Tank
- 80 Gallon Sun Bandit Solar Hybrid Water Heater
- 4 Ton Hydronic Air Handler
- 4 Chiltrix Fan Coil Units