12+ kW DIY Solar Kit | Sol-Ark 12k and Sinclair Ground Mount
DIY your solar with this comprehensive kit. We provide the materials and technical support, you install!
If you are unsure if this kit is right for you, Begin your consultation today to design a system fit for your needs.
If you have ANY questions about this DIY kit please contact us before you purchase.
List price: $32,999
DIY Solar Kit 12+ kW
Solar is easier than ever when you order a DIY Solar Kit through Practical Preppers. Our team will be by your side from the beginning to the very end. Our kits are the most DIY-friendly kits available with the all-in-one, pre-wired Sol-Ark inverters. This large 12+ kW do-it-yourself solar kit includes the Sol-Ark 12k Outdoor Case inverter, Sinclair Sky Rack 2.0 standard ground mount, solar panels, batteries, and more with multiple upgrade options available. Read the full details of what’s included below.
Video Example of This System
There are many variables that affect your home’s solar requirements. If you are unsure if this kit is right for you, please start your consultation before purchasing and we will make sure you have exactly what you need! While necessary changes can be made after purchase, this kit is non-refundable upon purchase.
How DIY Solar Works
When you order a DIY solar kit through Practical Preppers, you won’t really be on your own. We can provide you with your solar system plan and design, one-line drawings, 3D renderings, permit packages, and much more! We will also take care of shipping and logistics and will make sure you have every piece of equipment you need. From start to finish, we will be by your side and remain available for assistance. To get started on your DIY Solar project with us, follow these steps:
Step 1: Buy your DIY. Once you purchase we will follow up with you to get you prepared and to work out logistics like shipping.
Step 2: Receive your materials. Your materials will come in multiple packages/shipments that will require different needs for unloading.
Step 3: Install. We recommend the help of a local electrician to install the electrical components (we can assist you and your electrician along the way).
- (1) Sol-Ark 12K Outdoor Case Inverter – 10 year warranty included
- Solar panels totaling 12+ kW (Due to supply chain shortages, panel wattage and amount will vary depending on availability. This will be discussed upon purchase)
- Sinclair Sky Rack 2.0 standard ground mount
- (3) EG4-LL 48v 100Ah Batteries
- (4) MC4 connectors
- (2) Open end spanner sets
- 200′ PV Wire
- 10′ assembled 4/0 home run cables
- PV wire management clips
- (2) IMO 4 Pole 25 Amp DC Disconnects
- (1) 100 Amp Transfer Switch
- Sol-Ark 12k Inverter Manual
- Sol-Ark 12k Spec Sheet
- EG4-LL Lithium Battery Spec Sheet
- EG4-LL Lithium Battery Manual
- Sinclair Sky Rack Installation Guide
- Fortress eFlex Datasheet
- Permit/CAD Package – One line drawing and Permit pdf form. *Customer remains responsible for filing with their AHJ.*
- EMP Hardening – Ferrite core suppressors for panels (40) and appliances (20). Inverter hardened to E1, E2, and E3
- Upgrade to season adjustable Sinclair ground mount available.
- Change to Fortress eFlex batteries available.
DIY Solar Customer Testimonial
I purchased it all (DIY Solar System Equipment) from Scott Hunt, owner of Practical Preppers LLC as a complete package. He provided everything but the concrete and wire (although he did provide all of the project-specific cables for the batteries and panels which greatly simplified the build). Everything was shipped to my home via truck freight and arrived in a very timely manner… If you’re looking for any sort of alternative energy, water, or other such non-typical, self-sufficiency types of projects, I urge to you check them out. There are lots of businesses out there doing these things in what is a hot and growing industry, but going through someone who lives the life, and isn’t just tapping into a lucrative market segment, carries a big weight with me.