The Sol-Ark 12k inverter has an entirely new range of use than its sister Sol-Ark 8k inverter. The Sol-Ark 12k is an all-in-one pre-wired inverter system that features new capabilities such as systems gains and true three phase. It is the most efficient and cost-effective inverter in its class by a long stretch, just see the inverter comparison chart below. This solar inverter can be used off-grid or on grid, is “battery agnostic”, and expandable up to 72 kW! It is truly limitless.
The Sol-Ark 12k is a pre-wired system that contains the inverter, charge controller, and more, all in one package; no fuses, breakers, or combiner boxes necessary! With minimal additional hardware required, your install stays simple and low-cost.
Sol-Ark inverters also do not have expensive battery restrictions like other solar inverters do, and can be used with a wide variety of 48V battery chemistries, from lead to lithium. When stacked up against equivalent systems, the Sol-Ark 12k is not only the most affordable, but also the most efficient and innovative solar inverter on the market!
- Limitless – Parallel Stacking, Grid Sell, Meter Zero, Time of Use, Smart Load, AC Coupling, Peak Shaving, 20kW Peak Power
- Highly Accelerated Life Testing – Proven to last well beyond the standard 10 year warranty
- Engineered, Serviced, and Tested in the USA – Talk to a US Based Engineer 7 days a week
- No Glitch Switch (4ms) – Fastest transfer time in the industry.
Sol-Ark 12k Applications:
- Grid-Tied Mode – Sell power back to the Utility to reduce your electric bill
- Meter Zero Mode – Zero your electric bill without adding an additional smart meter
- Time-Of-Use Mode – Use solar and batteries to minimize grid power usage when it’s most expensive
- Smart Load Mode – Use a programmable output for high-power off grid loads or grid
- Time-of-use loads – to run only when there is optimum solar – use excess PV power when batteries are full
- Off Grid applications – battery agnostic
- AC Coupling – retrofits to existing grid tie systems
- Battery backup applications
Sol-Ark 12k Technical Features:
- Transformerless inverter
- Pure sine wave
- Grid-tie, off-grid, or hybrid applications (can be with or without batteries)
- Wide variety or 48V battery chemistries, from lead to lithium
- Simultaneously manages power to battery, loads, and grid (max 9.6 kW to AC loads/grid)
- 12 kW solar PV continuous power
- 9.6 kW Inverter AC continuous power on-grid (8 kW off-grid)
- 8kW Inverter DC continuous power
- Expandable (up to 72 kw)
- Highly efficient (96.5% PV to AC efficiency means less solar required)
Sol-Ark 12k User Features and Integrations:
- Color touch screen
- Remote monitoring from smart device
- 2 built in 500V MPPT charge controllers
- Battery disconnect
- Battery temp sensor
- Auto-generator start
- Rapid shut down signal
- Current sensors
- Battery communication
- PV Disconnect
- Wiring knowckouts
- Front-access AC breakers
Sol-Ark 12k vs Sol-Ark 8k
The Sol-Ark 12k was released in response to requests for “a Sol-Ark 8k with more power”. Listed below are the updated features found in the Sol-Ark 12k inverter:
- More Solar PV power (12 kW vs. 8 kW)
- More Inverter AC power (9.6 kW vs 8 kW)
- Systems gains capabilities (up to 6 systems gains)
- 3 phase capability
- DC breaker
- Front access points to AC breaker
Most residences will not need to amount of power that the Sol-Ark 12k offers. The best applications for the Sol-Ark 12k are off-grid, big gains, and time of use. For smaller scale systems, we highly recommend the Sol-ark 8k. Contact us for help figuring out which inverter is right for you!
- Sol-Ark 12K-Brochure – for full specifications and features
- Inverters Compared – an easy-to-read comparison chart of solar inverters
Call us or request a consultation for a proper design for your scenario and balance of system (BOS).
Monitor it from anywhere!