Large Stainless Kettle – Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ (54 oz)
These stainless steel kettles are a vital piece of camping equipment for any outdoorsman. Using whatever natural fuel is lying around (twigs, dry grass, heather, Birch bark, Pine cones, dry animal dung, etc) the kelly kettle ‘base camp’ will bring water to the boil within a matter of minutes. Never carry fuel again.
Kelly Kettle Base Camp: Large Stainless Steel Kettle
This 54 fl oz stainless steel kettle is perfect for large groups. Kelly Kettle users have described their kettles as the “Greatest Invention of all Time”
Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as standard with each Kelly Kettle. The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ Highlights
- The Kelly Kettle Large ‘Base Camp’ Kettle in Stainless Steel Includes Kettle, Fire Base, Whistle, and Bag.
- Boils 54 fl.oz. of water quickly using just Sticks, Pine Cones, Dry Grass, Bark, etc. Works in ALL weather conditions.
- Perfect for Families, Groups, Scouts, Base Camping, Outfitters, Family Fun, Fishing, etc.
- Great Preparedness Item for Power Shortages, Storms & Emergency Kits.
- A Green Whistle has replaced the older Orange stopper and lets you know when the water is boiled.
- Lightweight – Never carry fuel again! 13″ tall. Only weighs 2.55 lbs
- Now Comes With Upgraded Steel Fire-Base. Historically, the fire-bases were Aluminium which softened, warped and burned out quite quickly.
Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ Applications
This Kelly Kettle boils approximately 9 x 6 oz. Mugs of water at a time and is the size traditionally used by Irish Anglers. Suitable for Base Camps, Car Camping, Scout Camps, Picnics, Hunters, Outfitters Outposts, Emergency Preparedness Kits, Humanitarian Aid Stations, or anyone working in the Forests or the Great Outdoors.
Strong with nothing to fail or break, our kettles work extremely well in both good and harsh weather conditions. They are a vital piece of camping equipment for any outdoor person. Using whatever natural fuel is lying around (twigs, dry grass, heather, Birch bark, Pine cones, dry animal dung, etc) our kettles will bring water to the boil within a matter of minutes. Never carry fuel again.
Energy and Cost Efficient
Our kettles are cost-FREE to run, eco-friendly as they operate on carbon neutral fuels, and are great fun to use. Note: Add our Pot-Support & Cook set to prepare small amounts of food (Noodles, Rice, Oatmeal, hydrate food, etc) over the kettle while your water boils. Boil and cook at the same time using only a handful of fuel!
Better still, add our Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire base of your kettle into a stand-alone wood fueled Camping Stove.
See our Accessories Category for these products.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
Kelly Kettle ‘Base Camp’ Specifications
Height ……. 13 inches (Packed)
Diameter… 7.3 inches (Widest Point at Rim of Base)
Capacity…. 54 fl. oz., 1.6L, 6.75 cups
Weight…… 2.45 lbs.
Full Product Range: Find the Perfect Fit
- Small Aluminum Kelly Kettle Trekker (20 fl oz)
- Small Stainless Kelly Kettle Trekker (20 fl oz)
- Medium Aluminum Kelly Kettle Scout (41 fl oz)
- Medium Stainless Kelly Kettle Scout (41 fl oz)
- Large Aluminum Kelly Kettle Base Camp (54 fl oz)
- Large Stainless Kelly Kettle Base Camp (54 fl oz)