Sol-ark 12k Solar Inverter
The Sol-Ark 12k inverter has an entirely new range of use than its sister Sol-Ark 8k inverter. This all-in-one pre-wired inverter system features new capabilities such as systems gains and true three phase. It is the most efficient and cost-effective inverter in its class by a long stretch, just see the inverter comparison chart below.
Are you an installer or contractor looking for a Sol-Ark? Contact us today!
Need help? Call us or request a consultation for a proper design for your scenario and balance of
Sol-ark 12k Overview
This solar inverter can be used off-grid or on grid and is expandable up to 72 kW! With 20kW peak power, it is truly limitless. Applications include parallel stacking (see video below), grid sell, meter zero, time of use, smart load, AC coupling, & peak shaving.
The Sol-Ark 12k is a pre-wired system that contains the inverter, charge controller, and more, all in one package; no fuses, breakers, or combiner boxes necessary! With minimal additional hardware required, your install stays simple and low-cost.
Sol-Ark inverters also do not have expensive battery restrictions like other solar inverters do, and can be used with a wide variety of 48V battery chemistries, from lead to lithium.
Highly Accelerated Life Testing
Proven to last well beyond the standard 10 year warranty
Engineered, Serviced, and Tested in the USA
Talk to a US Based Engineer 7 days a week
No Glitch Switch (4ms)
Fastest transfer time in the industry.
The best applications for the Sol-Ark 12k are off-grid, big gains, and time of use. For smaller scale systems, we highly recommend the Sol-ark 8k. Contact us for help figuring out which inverter is right for you!
- Grid-Tied Mode – Sell power back to the Utility to reduce your electric bill
- Meter Zero Mode – Zero your electric bill without adding an additional smart meter
- Time-Of-Use Mode – Use solar and batteries to minimize grid power usage when it’s most expensive
- Smart Load Mode – Use a programmable output for high-power off grid loads or grid
- Time-of-use loads – to run only when there is optimum solar – use excess PV power when batteries are full
- Off Grid applications – battery agnostic
- AC Coupling – retrofits to existing grid tie systems
- Battery backup
Sol-Ark 12k: The Best in Every Category
When stacked up against similar systems, the Sol-Ark 12k is not only the most affordable, but also the most efficient and innovative solar inverter on the market!
- Transformerless inverter
- Pure sine wave
- Grid-tie, off-grid, or hybrid applications (can be with or without batteries)
- Wide variety or 48V battery chemistries, from lead to lithium
- Simultaneously manages power to battery, loads, and grid (max 9.6 kW to AC loads/grid)
- 12 kW solar PV continuous power
- 9.6 kW Inverter AC continuous power on-grid (8 kW off-grid)
- 8kW Inverter DC continuous power
- Expandable (up to 72 kw)
- Highly efficient (96.5% PV to AC efficiency means less solar required)
User Features and Integrations:
- Color touch screen
- Remote monitoring from smart device
- 2 built in 500V MPPT charge controllers
- Battery disconnect
- Battery temp sensor
- Auto-generator start
- Rapid shut down signal
- Current sensors
- Battery communication
- PV Disconnect
- Wiring knowckouts
- Front-access AC breakers
Sol-Ark 12k vs Sol-Ark 8k
The Sol-Ark 12k was released in response to requests for “a Sol-Ark 8k with more power”. Listed below are the updated features found in the Sol-Ark 12k inverter:
Literature and Downloads
Call us or request a consultation for a proper design for your scenario and balance of system (BOS).
Monitor it from anywhere!