Call for Sizing and Pricing: (864) 915-1855
Grundfos SQ Submersible Pump: For Powerful and Reliable Operation
- Professional and Standard Ranking Submersible Pump
- A lightweight, reliable submersible pump with 20 year performance record
- Easily installed in a 4” well that will no longer accommodate a 4” nominal O.D pump
- Built in soft start, dry run protection and over/under voltage protection
- Broadest operational voltage range (150 to 280) in the industry – reducing call backs
- Operates like a conventional 2 wire pump
At only 2.9” in diameter and a weight of only 14.8 lbs, the SQ submersible pump is extremely compact and ideal for all wells 3” and larger. This compact, SQ 3″ multistage centrifugal pump can be installed in a borehole no larger than the pump itself. With their built-in electronics, SQ submersible pumps are very easy to install and operate. They guarantee a reliable water supply at all times.
In addition to the features and benefits shared with the renowned Grundfos SP submersible pump, the SQ series pumps offer a number of motor protection and wear-reducing features that makes it the obvious choice for groundwater extraction for residential wells, for irrigation systems, or for groundwater lowering.
Equipped with permanent magnet motors, these flexible and compact pumps offer excellent efficiency levels and will supply pump heads up to 200 m.
Applications of Grundfos SQ Submersible Pump
SQ submersible pumps are suitable for both continuous and intermittent operation for a variety of applications:
- Ground water supply – private housing, small waterworks, small irrigation systems
- Liquid transfer in tanks
- Pressure boosting
- Environmental applications – remedial pumping or sampling
- Garages and petrol stations.
How the SQ Protects and Reduces Wear
Increased winding temperature caused by undervoltage often results in reduced lifetime. The SQ motor is protected against over and undervoltage, and voltage fluctuation generally.
Soft start ensures a low starting current with a smooth and steady acceleration. This offers excellent starting reliability at low voltage, prevents overload of the mains power, reduces water hammer in the pipe, and reduces pump wear. Low current draw and soft start allows use of smaller gauge wire compared to traditional 4” motors. This can reduce the overall cost of installation.
Low ampere usage makes it possible to connect more appliances to the same fuse group or reduce the size of the power line. Small generators can be used with SQ. Grundfos recommends to use a generator with a capacity 50% higher than rated pump power consumption.
Dry Running Protection
The SQ pump is factory pre-set based on minimum power consumption, and dry-running protection is activated 40 seconds after power is connected to allow priming of the pump. When there is no water in the hydraulics, power consumption is reduced. The SQ stops automatically when below the dry run power limit and restarts automatically within 5 minutes after cut-out.
Compared with a conventional 4” pump and motor, the added features of voltage handling and soft start, power supply, and dry running protection offer simplicity and reliability for your installation.
Additional Features and Benefits of Grundfos SQ Submersible Pump
- Compact and very lightweight
- Will fit in all 3″ or larger wells
- Suitable in wells where deposit prevent replacement with a 4” pump
- Best built-in protection features
- Dry-running protection
- Permanent magnet motor with high efficiency
- Wear resistance from floating impellers
- Protection against upthrust
- High flow velocity
- Soft-starts reduce wear on motor
- Over- and under-voltage protection
- Overload protection
- Over-temperature protection.
Find Your Pump
The Grundfos SQ 3″ submersible pump series offer a wide performance range, making it easy to find a model that will suit your individual requirements. See the full range of 5SQ submersible well pumps below:
|5SQ Pump Models||Specs|
|5SQ05-90 (100-115VAC)||39 psi @ 5 gpm|
|5SQ05-90 (200-240VAC)||39 psi @ 5 gpm|
|5SQ05-140 (100-115VAC)||60 psi @5 gpm|
|5SQ05-140 (200-240VAC)||60 psi @5 gpm|
|5SQ05-180 (100-115VAC)||77 psi @ 5 gpm|
|5SQ05-180 (200-240VAC)||77 psi @ 5 gpm|
|5SQ05-230 (200-240VAC)||99 psi @5 gpm|
|5SQ05-270 (200-240VAC)||116 psi @ 5 gpm|
|5SQ05-320 (200-240VAC)||138 psi @ 5 gpm|
|5SQ05-360 (200-240VAC)||155 psi @5 gpm|
|5SQ05-410 (200-240VAC)||176 psi @5 gpm|
|5SQ05-450 (200-240VAC)||194 psi @ 5 gpm|
Grundfos SQ Pump Full Product Range:
- Grundfos 5SQ Submersible Pumps (5 gpm at 60-194 psi)
- Grundfos 10SQ Submersible Pumps (10 gpm at 47-142 psi)
- Grundfos 15SQ Submersible Pumps (15 gpm at 30-125 psi)
- Grundfos 22SQ Submersible Pumps (22 gpm at 17-95 psi)
- Grundfos 30SQ Submersible Pumps (30 gpm at 17-56 psi)
We install well pumps! If you need help choosing or installing your well pump, contact us today!
Guides and Literature
Read more about how Grundfos is making sustainability their top priority
Grundfos SQ Submersible Pump Installation